Conway MacKenzie’s turnaround & restructuring services will provide all the tools necessary to move in the right direction.
The past five years have been tumultuous for the business and financial markets. The “Great Recession” brought with it considerable contraction and upheaval for companies. An improving economy has posed its own challenges as efforts to shed excess capacity and deliver have left many companies unable to meet rising demand.
In any environment, Conway MacKenzie’s Turnaround & Restructuring team helps companies not just survive, but thrive. Indeed, a host of unexpected issues can impact performance and need to be actively addressed. Cost pressures. Rising competition. Changing demand. Rapid growth. A changing global economy. All of these factors and more can impact the performance of even the strongest and most established companies. The sooner a business addresses its faltering performance, the more options it will have.
Across industries and across the country, Conway MacKenzie delivers hands-on financial, operational and strategic action that rapidly produces results. We deliver results no matter what the situation, keeping in mind your financial goals and your drive to uphold responsibilities to customers, employees, suppliers and lenders. We consider all the issues surrounding your business, and we work to restore profitability through strategies such as reducing costs, resolving production problems, restructuring the balance sheet and reestablishing credibility with lenders and other creditors. Our mandate is simple and direct: improve results and restore value to your business and its stakeholders.
Conway MacKenzie has earned the confidence of constituents that may be involved in a turnaround engagement: debtors, creditors, customers, suppliers, investment banks, courts of law and legal counsel. For example, our reputation among creditors for integrity, objectivity, diligence and candor adds credibility to the financial restructuring efforts of the clients we represent. Creditors know analyses and projections from Conway MacKenzie are reliable and provide a solid basis for solutions.
The advantages are clear. Whether you seek to preserve capital, create value, reestablish credibility and communication with your constituencies or develop and implement a plan to improve cash flow and restore earnings, Conway MacKenzie can guide your company to where you need it to be.
Our Turnaround Services Include:
- Turnaround Management Consulting
- Bankruptcy/Fiduciary Services
- Operations Consulting and Interim Executive Management
- Performance Improvement
- Crisis Management
- Low Cost Country Sourcing
- Due Diligence Services
The professionals at Conway MacKenzie subscribe to the code of ethics of the Turnaround Management Association, which is dedicated to the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and competence for those engaged in all matters involving turnaround, crisis management and corporate renewal.
For over thirty years, Conway MacKenzie has provided advisory services to businesses dealing with underperformance, over-leverage, cash flow issues and other distress situations. Our customized solutions improve results by identifying issues and developing and implementing action plans to avoid crisis situations. If a crisis situation arises, we have the expertise to effectuate the best outcome possible under the circumstances.
Conway MacKenzie has managed hundreds of engagements and returned firms to profitability in a wide range of industries. Our mandate is simple and direct: improve results and restore value to the underperforming company and its stakeholders.
Conway MacKenzie’s restructuring professionals are highly credentialed and include Certified Public Accountants, Certified Turnaround Professionals and Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, among others. Most have held financial, operational and management positions and have been employed by companies of various sizes as managers, principals and founders. Numerous Conway MacKenzie consultants are widely recognized and respected authorities in their field of expertise.
Conway MacKenzie professionals assist management of distressed companies by:
- Driving the restructuring process and improving operations, including managing cash flow and determining long-term viability
- Communicating and working with the companies’ suppliers, customers, and other important stakeholders
- Working with the companies’ lenders in order to stabilize working capital and implement a long-term financial restructuring plan
- Developing and implementing a long-term business strategy
Conway MacKenzie assists creditors in protecting their financial and operational interests in connection with the restructuring and/or bankruptcy of their customers or borrowers. With broad, industry-specific expertise, our professionals are able to help creditors limit their risks and maximize their recoveries in distress situations.
Conway MacKenzie’s creditor advisory services include:
- Assessing the financial and operational viability of the debtor
- Reviewing the debtor’s business plan and overall financial position
- Monitoring all aspects of the debtor’s chapter 11 process
- Evaluating potential creditor recoveries and related strategy
All companies rely on their supply base to assist them in delivering quality products and services to their customers. Conway MacKenzie helps companies maintain consistent, uninterrupted supply bases. Our services help companies identify and avoid supplier risk and develop strategies when faced with a troubled supplier situation.
Our supplier advisory services include:
- Conducting due diligence and assessing viability of suppliers
- Assisting the company in selecting and managing its supply base
- Helping companies maintain the flow of goods while re-sourcing away from troubled suppliers
- Advising companies when one of their suppliers files for bankruptcy protection
Private equity, hedge and other investment funds face significant challenges in addressing under-performing portfolio investments. Conway MacKenzie provides equity sponsors with the resources, experience, talent and focus that may be lacking in order to execute a turnaround at a fund’s troubled portfolio company.
Conway MacKenzie’s equity sponsor advisory services include:
- Assessing the companies’ financial and operational performance
- Developing a plan for the companies that will allow the sponsor to maximize its return on investment
- Working with existing management to implement changes to improve performance
- Undertake a restructuring strategy if that approach is deemed necessary