Conway MacKenzie’s transaction services provide all the necessary experiences to increase the value for our clients.
Conway MacKenzie’s Transaction Services team maximizes value for our clients in the transaction process. Our approach combines financial, operational and strategic expertise in evaluating the overall strengths and weaknesses of a company and in developing value-enhancing solutions for our clients. We work closely with other professionals to ensure a seamless integration of the transaction team, including legal, tax, employee benefits and information technology specialists.
Conway MacKenzie’s Transaction Services Expertise Serves
- Equity sponsors in assessing potential acquisitions, investments or divestitures
- Corporate entities looking to make strategic acquisitions, investments, joint ventures or divestitures
- Lenders interested in extending additional credit, converting debt-to-equity or participating in rights offerings
Where Conway MacKenzie Stands Out
The Conway MacKenzie Transaction Services team consists of professionals with varying backgrounds, including: owner/operators of businesses, CEOs, COOs, CFOs, CPAs, private equity investors and individuals with commercial banking, purchasing and engineering backgrounds that bring unique expertise to each transaction. Our professionals have extensive experience with acquisitions, sales, mergers and IPOs.
The benefits of our approach, expertise and experience to your transaction needs are:
- Our financial management and operating backgrounds assist us not only in identifying transaction, performance, integration, carve-out and other issues, but also in developing and executing plans to address each of the issues post-transaction.
- Our cross-functional team links operating performance to financial results, ensuring the value drivers of the business today are correlated with the value drivers of the business in the future.
- Our experience obtained from managing and revitalizing companies helps us identify issues common to underperforming businesses. We apply lessons learned to transactions involving healthy, growing businesses to help enhance returns.
- Our capabilities and experience enable us to be integrated in all aspects of the transaction, from origination to execution to ultimate realization, allowing us to forge true partnerships with our clients.
Services Across the Transaction Life Cycle
Regardless of what stage of the transaction life cycle you are in, we have the experience and expertise to assist you with your transaction needs.
- Buy-Side Due Diligence
- Operational Assessments
- Strategic Due Diligence
- Merger Integration
- Supply Chain Optimization
- Performance Improvement
- Business Planning
- Lean Systems Implementation
- Sell-Side Due Diligence
- Seller Support Services
Our buy-side due diligence services are tailored to maximize the value of each transaction for our clients. We help corporate and financial buyers analyze and validate the financial, commercial, operational and strategic assumptions being made as part of a transaction, and suggest areas to improve performance in order to help unlock value. Buy-side due diligence engagements are staffed with an integrated, cross-functional team of financial, operational and strategic experts focusing on the following key areas:
- Quality of revenues, EBITDA and cash flows
- Assessment of business plan opportunities and risks
- Strategic assessment of the business
- Working capital and near-term liquidity requirements
- Analysis of other balance-sheet items, including off-balance sheet and contingent liabilities
- Capital expenditure needs
- Detail profitability and cash driver analysis
- Contract review and negotiations
In short, by deploying our sophisticated buy-side due diligence services we help buyers gain a deep understanding of the target business in order to increase the likelihood of a transaction achieving its objectives.
Preparing a company for sale is one of the most challenging, and potentially rewarding, processes that owners and management of a business can undertake. Our sell-side due diligence services help clients realize the full value of their business.
Our services are tailored to include the analysis a typical buyer would perform to identify the issues up-front and develop value-enhancing solutions to address them in the deal process. Not only do we help businesses assess their current status, but we dig deeper to unlock hidden value that can lead to a more profitable and rewarding sale process. From operations to IT, customer contracts to human resources, we help sellers identify areas that buyers will scrutinize, and address issues in the early stages of the sale process so that they do not delay or derail a successful deal.
We support management in the following areas:
- Sell-side diligence similar to services a typical buyer would perform
- Management presentations
- Coordination with other advisors
- Deal negotiations
- Post-closing, purchase price adjustment mechanisms
- Carve-out assistance
We have capabilities that extend beyond completing a transaction. We ensure that the returns and value anticipated from the transaction are preserved post-acquisition through the following service offerings:
- Post-closing purchase price adjustment mechanisms
- Interim management through periods of transition
- Post-acquisition integration and restructuring
- Carve-out execution and the development of stand-alone infrastructure
- Implementation and management of transition services agreements
- Performance and strategy improvement and execution
- Supply chain process improvement and execution
- Purchasing process improvement and execution